Alumni and friends of Concordia College Alabama – Mark your calendars and plan to join us for this special gathering!
It will be the weekend of May 11-14, 2017, which is rapidly approaching. Please help us plan well by sending in your fees and contributions. Keep in mind that all are asked to submit the dues of $35.00 whether you plan to attend or not. We hope and pray that you are planning to attend all the activities and will send your payments accordingly. All Alumni/Friends Chapters are asked to submit their gifts to the Association and, thereby, to Concordia College Alabama on or before May 12. All other fees should be sent to me or Mrs. Gracie Hollins (Treasurer) no later than April 15.
Please go to the Concordia College Alabama website and give a little of your precious time to the Alumni Association bar; you will be given all the activities for the weekend so identified. A summary is also listed below. Please share the information with all those in your area who are graduates and friends of the college.
To those chapters that are diligently working to make your fundraiser a success, blessings to you. I am praying that all will go well and that you will have excellent support from those who love the institution. Please pray for our work together. Blessings on your work, as well as your travel to and from the gathering. The Lord be with you!
~ Rev. Dr. McNair Ramsey
Here is a schedule of events for the weekend:
Thursday, May 11
* 6:00 p.m. – Graduates/Family Banquet in the Julius & Mary Jenkins Center (400 attendees are planned for)
Friday, May 12 – Arrival of Alumni and Friends
* 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Dedication of new location for Dr. Rosa J. Young Museum at West Campus
* 4:00 p.m. – Graduation exercises practice and walk-through
* 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Alumni/Friends working reception (Graduates are free. All others pay $10.00.) (The future enhancement of CCAL – 150 expected to attend.)
Saturday, May 13
* 8:00-9:15 a.m. – Alumni/Friends breakfast ($5.00)
* 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Graduation exercises in the Julius & Mary Jenkins Center (The class of 1967 will participate. All pastors are invited to attend; please bring your red stole and your alb.)
* Following graduation – Graduation Reception (Place to be determined. It may be held in the Lehman Center.)
* 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Alumni/Friends business meeting (Kreft Center Theater)
* Following business meeting – Travel to Montgomery (5:00 arrival)
* 5:00-8:30 p.m. – Cruise with snack food and open bar ($45.00)
* 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. – Dinner and fellowship at Mrs. Moseley’s home
* Following dinner and fellowship – Return to Selma
Sunday, May 14
* Breakfast – on your own
* 9:45 a.m. – Bible class at Trinity Lutheran Church (1900 Marie Foster Street, Pastor: Rev. Steven Washington)
* 11:00 a.m. – Worship service at Trinity Lutheran Church (1900 Marie Foster Street, Pastor: Rev. Steven Washington)
* Following worship – Reception sponsored by Trinity Lutheran Church (Location: Fellowship Hall)
* Closing of the 2017 Alumni/Friends Gathering